How to Play
Players form a big circle around 1 player standing in the middle. Players pass the puck around the circle without letting the Monkey in the Middle steal it. All sticks must be kept below the knees and the puck must stay on the ice surface. If the Monkey in the Middle steals the puck away, the last player to touch it becomes the new Monkey.
• Wear an appropriate CSA approved hockey/skating helmet. Knee and elbow pads are also recommended for beginner skaters.
• Wear supportive and properly fitted skates.
• Rinks are always safer than ponds. When skating on natural bodies of water make sure the ice is at least 4 inches thick and an adult is present providing supervision.
• Avoid walking or playing on ice that is on or near moving water.
• Skate in the same direction as the crowd when participating in recreational public skates