More ways to play from our Play Ambassadors Mike McDonald & Kale Johnson.
August 31, 2016
The Olympics just finished up but you can still bring them to your schoolyard! Here’s how you do it:
1) Get a group of friends together and make a list of fun and creative events that you could do.
Here are some suggestions:
One-legged jumping race
Race around the rink
Furthest throw with a ball
Longest time standing on one foot
Three legged race
Monkey bars race
Dance routine to your favourite song
2) Have one event at each recess and let everyone try it – the more people the better!
3) Remember it is not important who wins, but who tries it out! No medals here, just hi-5’s and good vibes!
Have fun and welcome back to school!
Active After School Fun
April 8, 2016
Spring is in the air and that means it’s time to get out and play! The days are longer, which means there’s more time to play fun new games. Here are some tips to follow in order to get active and have fun after school!
1) Invite everyone to play! The more people you have, the more fun it is going to be. Make sure you invite everyone you know to participate and play. Not only will you have a blast, but you will make new friends that you can call up to play anytime!
2) Play a new game! Soccer, hockey and basketball are great games to play but why not try something new? There are loads of ideas on the Push2Play app. Let the app choose a random game for you to play. It’s a lot of fun to learn and try new games as a group.
3) Take turns choosing who picks the game! Make a list of people’s names and check off who chooses the game each time. That way everyone will get a turn and it will be fair. Who knows, you may learn a new game that turns out to be your new favourite.
4) Remember to have fun! Things may not go your way in every game. The important thing to remember is that you are having fun with your friends and getting active. Don’t take the games too seriously and always be a good sport. Have as much fun as possible and enjoy time outside with your friends!
Follow these tips in order to have even more fun after school! Keep on playing!
Outdoor Winter Fun
December 4, 2015
The snow has arrived, the days are shorter and the temperature is dropping. For many families, winter conditions are a huge hurdle to staying active outside. Both Kale and I played in the snow when we were kids and, even now, we throw on our gear and head out to have a blast! How can you make it happen for your kids?
Use a Winter games search to get started. Have you had a chance to try the Bigger Snowball challenge? Fox and Geese? Snow Baseball? Be creative! Add a snow theme to a classic game like tag. Or substitute a snowball for another type of ball any game.
There’s lots of ways to get your kids involved in snow play on a wintry day!